You decide. Here are 15 specific tasks that must be done in order to sell a home in the least amount of time, and at the highest possible price.
- Research the local real estate market to determine the asking price
- Identify the key selling points
- Obtain a property disclosure form
- Take pictures of your home
- Add your home to the MLS
- Add your home to Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and many others
- Blog about your home
- Post your home on all social media platforms
- Email blast your home details to a massive database of potential buyers and other realtors
- Run a Google Pay-Per-Click Ad about your home
- Send out mailers about your home
- Run newspaper/magazine Ads about your home
- Place a “For Sale” sign in your yard
- Put a lockbox/Supra on your door
- Coordinate visits / showings with buyers
- Make sure buyers have financing (e.g., pre-approval)
- Hold an open houses, if warranted
- Present offers from buyers
- Negotiate with buyers
- Handle the closing / settlement
Again, we think these are just the minimum responsibilities to ensure the most successful transaction possible. If you can do all of these and possibly more on your own, by all means go for it. If you don’t have the time or knowledge to complete these tasks, however, your home might sit on the market for longer than necessary and you might leave a lot of money on the table.
Please feel free to contact us for more information. You can submit your inquiries to us directly from our contact page, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and call us at 561-445-1846.